Before you begin, I encourage you to listen to this song as you read this post.
When I think of the South, I think of good manners, sweet tea and lemonade.
I love my lemonade freshly squeezed but you know, sometimes, I cheat. You know, sometimes I make cake out of a box *gasp*. This time I cheated and made powdered lemonade *gasp again*. Embrassing, I know but give me a break, we only had one lousy lemon.
your favorite brand of lemonade
a handful of fresh mint leaves
a fresh lemon if you have it
mason jars (optional but will make it look like you were squeezing lemons all day)
what to do
1. Put the amount of powdered lemonade according to the directions into a small pot on the stove over medium-low heat.
2. Chop about 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves and throw into the pot.
3. Pour 1 cup of water over it all and stir until the powder begins to dissolve.
4. Strain the mint leaves out of the liquid over the pitcher you plan to use and add in the remaining amount of water according to the directions.
5. Throw in a few lemon slices, chill and serve.
You could always mash up berries and put those in there too…things to ponder.